Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Even After

Eleven days before the last decade closed, I became a mom.

I gave birth to a 7.12  lbs healthy baby boy through a successful Cesarean operation. I named the cord-coiler Lance.

One-Hour-Old Lance

I shed a tear (yes, just a single drop) on his first sound behind surgical cover. It was meek but momentous. There were no stereotypical furious cries not even an "It's a boy!" announcement (maybe because I already knew, thanks to ultrasound) but there was the inexplicable "tear" of joy in the advent of motherhood .

For someone who first got terrified on the sight of a double-lined pee stick, such melodramatic scene was unexpected.

Two Days After
Lance was finally roomed-in with me.

When motherhood first smiled at me, I welcomed it with so much worry and disappointment. I practically panicked. I felt not ready. The only good thing I want to remember the day I peed on that test stick was  that I stood firm in keeping the baby.

My faith taught me that God has a great reason for everything and I am proud that this time I was able to do the right thing---trust in Him.

Indeed, when an angel is sent to earth, miracles happen.

Love and support incredibly rushed in from almost everyone and everywhere that, friends say, I turned out to be a blooming and happy big fat pregger.

Five Months Pregnant at MYOH 5
With CDN colleague and kumare Neris Gochoco.

You see, I had a runaway baby-daddy. I don't come from a rich family. Note that during my pregnancy I was only working as a freelance journalist, who has no regular income and savings.

Still, I was able to go to prenatal check-ups without a miss, take the required supplements and vitamins, eat and drink anything I want, and give birth to a healthy baby boy in one of the best private hospitals in Cebu. It's really costly if not expensive to be pregnant but God makes a way.

If ever one of the strangers, friends, colleagues, and family, who made my pregnancy a smooth journey, finds this blog, please know that I would be forever grateful to you. For you guys made me welcome each sunrise with so much excitement as my bulge grew bigger each day. I may not be able to return all your love and support but rest assured that you made papa God smile.


First Night at Home
Lance was home in time for his Tito Ilgie's birthday.

My love tank was full when Lance made his touchdown on earth that night. I'm already happy while carrying him inside my womb but finally hearing God's greatest gift in the flesh still triggered so much joy proving that dramatic post-natal "crying" scene on TV happens indeed.

With three teeth peeping as he grins, the wide-eyed little fellow continues to unleash his super powers by giving me strength, contentment, and so much happiness.

Indeed, God has a great reason for everything.

I am blogging again, this time to chronicle and share my journey into motherhood. I may not be lucky to have  a story starting with the perfect once-upon-a-time fairy tale but somehow I am blessed to be happy even after.


Happy Thought:
I am a mommy! Ü

5 comments:

  1. congrats.. me, i'm approaching 30 and no sperm donors in sight.. tsk tsk..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello regina, i just read your comment on my blog on my entry entitled "Probee", sorry for this late interaction...thanks for visiting my blog and congratulations to being a mom now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @love2type: thank you love. Ü

    @kenjesryl: no problem. Ü it was something i can relate to so thought of giving you my five cents on that matter. thank you for dropping by. Ü

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on your lovely lovely boy Lance, may he be blessed with love and good friends around him all the time. You are a very beautiful mom and a sharp blogger, I also wanted to congratulate for the Fire Blog Award offered to you by love2type. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @unikorna: you are so sweet, thank you. Ü may you be the fairy godmother Lance never had. hugs from Lance. <3

    p.s. i'll go check love2type now. Ü

    ReplyDelete